January 7, 2013

2013: Best year ever?

Whew! After a few weeks of celebrating and traveling, I am back and ready to get back to the regular (crazy) routine. I've been thinking a lot about goals and resolutions over the last little while, as I am sure many of you have as well. While New Year's Eve doesn't top my list of favorite holidays, I do love the spirit of renewal, new beginnings, re-defining yourself and deciding what you want your next year on this Earth to look like.

This year I've felt especially inspired to set goals. 2013 is going to be a big year for us, I can feel it! I want to get back to what's important.

I want spend more meaningful, intentional time with the people that I love. I want them to know that I love them. I want to hear what they have to say and hear what is happening in their lives and learn from them. I also want to spend more intentional time with myself, and with my Father in Heaven. And I want to document it more! More pictures, more journals, more blogging.

I want to love people more sincerely. I want to be present. Whether I am with a friend, a stranger, a therapy client or consumer, I want them to know that they are important to me, and that I value what they have to say.

I want to spend time learning the things that I love. I want to rekindle my relationship with my camera, and my sewing machine. I want to try new recipes. I want to master my brand new (thanks to loving family members) power tools and build beautiful and useful things. I want to write.

I want to be healthy and strong. I want to eat good food and run and be active.

I want to floss more.

Do you have resolutions or goals for 2013? Write them down. Share them with someone. Check in with yourself every once in a while. Seriously, 2013 is going to be an amazing year!

This is what my year is going to look like...




How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment