December 11, 2012

Christmas Tunes

I apologize for my absence...besides work, I have mostly been working on Christmas projects that cannot be revealed! Or, watching Netflix. And that's not really something to blog about.

When I don't have Parenthood playing (my new Netflix obsession), I have done my best to have Christmas music on 24 hours a day. I love it. It makes me feel warm and cozy and nostalgic. So I decided I should share some of my favorites with you! Let me tell you, this is no easy task. There are so many beautiful, classic Christmas songs and I'm making it my mission this year to find the perfect version of all of my favorites (recommendations appreciated).

They aren't all difficult to choose though, and I'm going to start with one that is so easy and obvious for me...no other album exists that says "Christmas" to me more than Vince Guaraldi Trio's A Charlie Brown Christmas. I love it. It's beautiful and jazzy and sounds like...Christmas.



Below is one of my very favorite tracks - Christmas Time is Here. I hope this isn't the first time you've heard it. If it is, you've been missing out. Press play...can't you just imagine being cozy and warm inside with the people you love, snow falling down outside, Christmas lights flickering...I could listen to it 100 times. I could listen to this album 100 times, and if you do, you'll know exactly what my ideal holiday sounds like. Oh, and go watch A Charlie Brown Christmas, while you're at it...it's a good one.




Enjoy. Listen to the rest of the album. Feel the Christmas Spirit. More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment